pink blog

Thursday, May 19, 2016

Pink Ribbons and Purple Pretty Diaper Cakes

My most recent craft would be a pink and purple themed diaper cake.

Started out with a generalized idea of what I was hoping to accomplish and started stock piling supplies.

Styrofoam C

I found this cute letter "C" at Walmart for $4.00.  Pretty good price and it would make a really cute adornment for the front of the diaper cake.

Oh so pretty!
I love the colour combination of pinks and purples. It is just so girly and this diaper cake was being created for an adorable baby girl, so of course I was excited to work with that colour combo. 


What does the Fox say?

The finished product.  This was after quite a few alterations.  I was finally happy with the look once I added the bunches of pink curly ribbon. 



Small single layer

This simple single layer (made 2 of these) was on either side of the pink fox diaper cake. 

This was only my second attempt at making a diaper cake.  I learned a lot from the first one to the second attempt.

Lessons learned:

Take the time and spend the money to get proper cake plates. Cutting a cardboard box, and the box being visible was not easy for my OCD mind.  5 cake plates at Walmart were a mere $4.97 and it was money well spent. 

Each individual diaper was wrapped with a small elastic. The first cake I did, I left the elastics on the diapers and covered them with ribbon.  Wrap the ribbon around the middle and then remove all the mini elastics. The diapers look fuller and there is less worry about the elastic being seen under the wrap around ribbon. 

Now I'm off to see if I can find any more friends in need of diaper cakes.

Until next time, 

~Tammy 


No comments:

Post a Comment